Montreal’s TOPS is out with the single “Way to be Loved” off their new LP Picture You Staring. You can pre-order the record HERE, which is out on September 2 on Artubus Records.
BONUS: Scope out their previous single, “Change of Heart” below. Enjoy…
Jul 23rd, 2014 :
Great news DC. Our friends at All Things Go have announced a music festival to take place on September 13, 2014 at Dock5 at Union Market.
The lineup will feature headliner Future Islands as well as indie acts such as HAERTS, U.S. Royalty, Bear Hands, Panama Wedding and Young Summer.
Also, I am told there will be some choice food options catered by local DC vendors and chefs. See ya there, grab your tickets HERE and stay tuned for more details.
We’re right smack in the middle of the warm months, smiles and beach songs time. Here is a track to elicit summertime joy tears, a sped up version of MJs 1979 classic “I Can’t Help it.” Shaped by the Norwegian God of Disco Todd Terje, this is about as good as music gets. Enjoy.
Listen up to this mixtape courtesy of newly formed record NY/LA label Wacks, who commissioned NYC’s Chi Duly to curate one of many “friends of Wacks” mixtapes to come. Lots of house, R&B, electronic and some even some indie. Enjoy…
Learn more about Wacks and the mixtape HERE.
- Chi Duly & MICK – P∆R†I†IØN (Unoriginal Mix)
- Jean Tonique – I Just Wanna Love U (Remix)
- Logic ft. Jhene Aiko – Break It Down (Louis Futon Remix)
- Logic – We Get High (Chi Duly Remix)
- Kakkmaddafakka – Someone New (Roosevelt Remix)
- Louie Fresco – New Hateration (MK Remix)
- Next – Too Close (VELCRO Remix – Chi Duly Edit)
- Motez – Like I Love You (Remix)
- Teedra Moses – Be Your Girl (Kaytranada Edition)
- Wasabi, Sugar Hill – Sexy Eyes
- Cathy Dennis – Touch Me (Nora En Pure Bootleg Remix)
- Chi Duly – Coming Down (Remix)
- Tchami – Untrue (Original Mix)
- Kayper – Someone (Club Edit)
- Corona – Rhythm Of The Night (Kill Them With Colour Remix)
- Soft House Company – What You Need
- Shiba San – I Like Your Booty (Original Mix)
- Jonas LR – Cockiness (Remix)
- London Grammar – Hey Now (Sasha Remix)
- Dj Dan & WhiteNoize – Engine No. 9. (Original Mix)
- Chi Duly & DJ Technique – Watchin’ You (Original Mix)
- Black Orange Juice – Started In Paris
Stream of the oh-so-summer-breezy full length record Cruel Runnings from Miniature Tigers out June 17th. Pre-order HERE and enjoy…
New (predictably emo/80s) video from Ski Lodge for “Does It Bring You Down”. The track is off Big Heart, the fantastic full length released last year. You can read our full review of the LP HERE. Enjoy…
On synth pop duo Cardiknox’s last single “Hold Me Down”, one line piqued interest: “When I moved to New York, it was all supposed to work out”. If their sleek brand of electric funk melodies is anything, it’s proof that things can at least sound like they are. That moody pop number, as well as the glowing “Technicolor Dreaming” and the brand new single “Wasted Youth” are brilliant illustrations of mid-twenties uncertainty and anxiety, personified in skittering drums and neon harmonies. The newest one has a percolating rhythm and warm vocals of equal parts Chairlift and Swedish cyborg pop—however, the lyrical subject matter takes the reigns of Cardiknox’s exploration of the young American psyche this time around.
Check out the track “Wasted Youth” above, and make your way over to Rock and Roll Hotel on Mar. 23 to see the NYC duo open for Australia’s Betty Who.