- DJ Cam – “Mad Blunted Jazz”
- Rae & Christian – “Swimming Pool” (1:45)
- Akotcha – “Spy Movie” (5:40)
- The Dining Rooms – “Il Giradischi E I Tuoi Dischi” (9:25)
- Baby Mammoth – “100% Polyester” (10:35)
- Kruder & Dorfmeister – “High Noon” (14:35)
- Dynamic Syncopation – “Veteran’s Leg” (20:30)
- The Dining Rooms – “Triste, Solitario Y Final” (25:32)
Thanks for the support!
cover art by Travis :: photo by Paul Marcellini
- Dirty Art Club :: Sunburn
- Botany :: Sunna Show Me (02:30)
- Corduroi :: Mermaid Island (05:40)
- Kyson :: Gazes (08:17)
- IG88 :: Trail Of Bread Crumbs (11:27)
- Evenings :: Babe (14:24)
- Broke For Free :: Wash Out (17:04)
- WMD :: Prayer Flags / Minnesota (19:50)
- Arms And Sleepers :: Runner Misplaced (21:55)
- The Cancel :: Together (26:35)
- Thrupence :: Bells (28:56)
Newdust Mixtape No. 19
Emancipator is one of my new favorite producers. I’m a big sucker for ambient downtempo that incorporates stringed instruments into their arrangements. Really beautiful stuff. They just released a remix album of their 2013 release Dusk To Dawn, and I wanted to share a few of my favorites. I had to share the originals, too, for those of you who haven’t heard any of their stuff yet. Here are the tracks “Valhalla” & “Eve II” along with re-imaginings by NKLA & ODESZA.
I caught the final moments of a live recording on Studio 360 while driving around on a Saturday afternoon. When I got to my destination, instead of turning off and exiting the car as I tend to do, I had to stay for the rest of the performance. I had to find out who the artist was. Turns out it was Braids, performing “Warm Like Summer” from their latest album Deep In The Iris. The blend of downtempo-jazz percussion, sparkling piano, and the beautifully haunting vocals and lyrics of leading-lady Raphaelle Standell-Preston creates a truly stunning sophomore release from this Montreal-based trio. Be sure to grab a copy for yourself from the group’s Bandcamp, or directly from Arbutus Records.