- 11. Foals :: Birch Tree
- 12. Cock and Swan :: What Was Life?
- 13. Wilco :: Random Name Generator
- 14. Yppah :: Bushmills
- 15. Car Seat Headrest :: Something Soon
- 16. Modest Mouse :: The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box
- 17. Hiatus :: River (feat. Shura)
- 18. Diane Coffee :: Everyday
- 19. Raury :: Devil’s Whisper
- 20. Braids :: Letting Go
Thanks for the support!
- 11. Pure Bathing Culture :: Dream The Dare
- 12. Foals :: My Number
- 13. Blood Orange :: You’re Not Good Enough
- 14. Vampire Weekend :: Step
- 15. On And On :: The Hunter
- 16. Deerhunter :: Back To The Middle
- 17. Charles Bradley :: Strictly Reserved for You (ft. Menahan Street Band)
- 18. Smith Westerns :: Varsity
- 19. Tennis :: Mean Streets
- 20. Daft Punk :: Doin’ It Right (ft. Panda Bear)
The poppy Oxfordians known as Foals are set to release their third LP, Holy Fire, this Tuesday on Transgressive records. It could be easy to overlook the clean-cut five piece, swimming as they are in the same pond as the likes of Twin Shadow and Violens, both bands with a remarkably refined sense of self. What Foals lack in flourish they make up with good taste and consistent song craft. Check out the video for their second single from Holy Fire, “My Number,” and pick up a copy of the record here.
Great track from We’re No Heroes off their latest EP Quiet Colours. “Empty Beat” brings us these great “math-pop” instrumentals, in the same vein as Foals or Interpol, with an 80s post-punk vibe & a killer outro. Solid guitar work, precise drumming, & fantastic vocals dominate this 4-track EP. Definitely worth a listen.
Foals‘ new album Total Life Forever is set to release May 10th, and to give us a sneak peak they’ve released a pretty epic video for “Spanish Sahara”, and are offering up a free download of a Mount Kimbie remix from their website. I’m a big fan of what these guys do guitarically (if I may make up a word), and I’m glad to see they’re keeping the unison, echo-driven, duel-guitar riffs around for this next album. For those of you who haven’t heard these guys before, give their last album Antidotes a listen to prepare yourself for the new album. I have high hopes.
Song: Spanish Sahara (Mount Kimbie Remix).mp3