We’re right smack in the middle of the warm months, smiles and beach songs time. Here is a track to elicit summertime joy tears, a sped up version of MJs 1979 classic “I Can’t Help it.” Shaped by the Norwegian God of Disco Todd Terje, this is about as good as music gets. Enjoy.
Presumably in an attempt to console himself after Chile’s loss to Brazil in the World Cup (the latter of which, let’s face it, could use some major consolation of their own right now after their embarrassing defeat to Germany), American-Chilean producer Nicolas Jaar recently released via twitter this fantastic edit of The Helen Hollins Singers. Featuring a heavy bassline and a series of looped drums, his sick revision entitled “Consolation” of the soul track from the 1980’s gospel group is one for the ages. Alternating emphasis between the vocals and the instrumentation, Jaar creates a compelling and modern twist on the original. As for Chile’s chances in the Cup, there’s always 2018.
I wonder who Jaar will be rooting for in the final match on Sunday? Whomever it is, let’s hope his musical offerings continue to be inspired by athletic events on the world stage, win or lose.
Listen up to this mixtape courtesy of newly formed record NY/LA label Wacks, who commissioned NYC’s Chi Duly to curate one of many “friends of Wacks” mixtapes to come. Lots of house, R&B, electronic and some even some indie. Enjoy…
Learn more about Wacks and the mixtape HERE.
- Chi Duly & MICK – P∆R†I†IØN (Unoriginal Mix)
- Jean Tonique – I Just Wanna Love U (Remix)
- Logic ft. Jhene Aiko – Break It Down (Louis Futon Remix)
- Logic – We Get High (Chi Duly Remix)
- Kakkmaddafakka – Someone New (Roosevelt Remix)
- Louie Fresco – New Hateration (MK Remix)
- Next – Too Close (VELCRO Remix – Chi Duly Edit)
- Motez – Like I Love You (Remix)
- Teedra Moses – Be Your Girl (Kaytranada Edition)
- Wasabi, Sugar Hill – Sexy Eyes
- Cathy Dennis – Touch Me (Nora En Pure Bootleg Remix)
- Chi Duly – Coming Down (Remix)
- Tchami – Untrue (Original Mix)
- Kayper – Someone (Club Edit)
- Corona – Rhythm Of The Night (Kill Them With Colour Remix)
- Soft House Company – What You Need
- Shiba San – I Like Your Booty (Original Mix)
- Jonas LR – Cockiness (Remix)
- London Grammar – Hey Now (Sasha Remix)
- Dj Dan & WhiteNoize – Engine No. 9. (Original Mix)
- Chi Duly & DJ Technique – Watchin’ You (Original Mix)
- Black Orange Juice – Started In Paris
Feb 9th, 2014 :
Tags: A Lull
, Body Language
, Cave Painting
, Cosmic Kids
, Savoir Adore
cover art by Travis :: photo by Ian Britton
- Princeton :: Florida (Cosmic Kids Remix)
- Savoir Adore :: Dreamers (Body Language Remix)
- Cave Painting :: So Calm (Vondelpark Remix)
- A Lull :: Some Love (Brothertiger Remix)
- Polarsets :: Tropics (Bravestation Remix)
- Superhumanoids :: Bad Weather (Tropics Remix)
Newdust Remixtape No. 4
Jan 10th, 2014 :
Cool edit of Sampha’s “Too Much” from Aussie up and comer Loston. Happy Friday nerds…
The “Sister, Sister”s of indie pop HAIM have received one of the highest of honors thanks to a remix of their song “Forever” by the godfather of electronica, Giorgio Moroder. The Italian virtuoso grinds the original hit through a factory of four-on-the-floor drum machines yielding this robotic, vocodor-enriched track. Listen in…
A tale from an alternate universe: The Beatles never broke up.
“On Sept. 9, 2009 I experienced something that I still am having trouble believing happened to me.
“I came into the possession of a cassette tape containing a Beatles album that was never released.
“I dont expect you to believe what happened to me, I sure wouldn’t, but thats why I grabbed the tape as proof that my experience was real.”
I love everything about this. Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, & Starr reunite with a mash-up of their solo efforts to form Everyday Chemistry, The Beatles’ final masterpiece.
My two favorites are “Talking To Myself” feat. Harrison’s “Stuck Inside A Cloud“, Lennon’s “Stranger’s Room“, & McCartney’s “Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey“; and “Soldier Boy” feat. McCartney’s “Listen To What The Man Said” & Lennon’s “Isolation“.
The Beatles | Talking To Myself
The Beatles | Soldier Boy